The Institute of Lowland Forestry and Environment (ILFE) (formerly known as the Poplar Research Institute) from Novi Sad, Serbia, will host the IUFRO Eighth International Poplar Symposium (IPS VIII): Poplars and Willows in the Era of Global Change: Agroforestry, Environmental Improvement, and Ecosystem Services to Enhance Livelihoods on 4 to 6 October 2022.
The symposium will be held virtually and will focus on management and conservation of poplar and willow genetic resources with the aim of improving production, diversification of usage of ecosystem services and enhancement of livelihoods.
Researchers and experts from universities, research institutions, government agencies and relevant industries are invited to participate at the Symposium and to present their contributions in the following research topics:
- Genetics, Genomics, Breeding and Conservation
- Physiology and Ecophysiology
- Pests, Diseases and Climate Change Impacts
- Environmental Applications
- Production Systems – From Traditional Plantations to Modern Agroforestry
- New Bio Economics – Livelihoods, Ecosystem Services, Carbon Credits
- The registration and abstract submission deadline is 30 April, 2022.
To register click here. In the registration form, participants should upload their abstracts in the prescribed form. Authors of the accepted abstracts will have the opportunity to publish their research in the special issues of the journals International Journal of Phytoremediation and Forests, after peer review process.